Hand injuries in foreign labour workers in an Irish university hospital.
AffiliationDepartment of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University Medical Centre, Freiburg, Germany;
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHand injuries in foreign labour workers in an Irish university hospital. 2009, 17 (1):22-4 Can J Plast Surg
JournalThe Canadian journal of plastic surgery = Journal canadien de chirurgie plastique
AbstractThe present study reports on a new, rapidly growing patient subpopulation presenting with hand injuries to the Department of Plastic Surgery in Cork University Hospital (Ireland). The impact of the 10 new European Union accession states on the trauma workload is examined. The associated growth in expenditure on interpreter services is also examined. Potential risk factors in the foreign workers' new working environment is explored.
- Occupational injuries in foreign-national workers presenting to St James's Hospital Plastic Surgery service.
- Authors: Davidson CC, Orr DJ
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- The Irish contribution to the plastic surgery literature: 21 years of publications.
- Authors: Rahmani G, Joyce CW, Jones DM, Kelly JL, Hussey AJ, Regan PJ
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Predictors of career progression and obstacles and opportunities for non-EU hospital doctors to undertake postgraduate training in Ireland.
- Authors: Tyrrell E, Keegan C, Humphries N, McAleese S, Thomas S, Normand C, Brugha R
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 30
- Extent and appropriateness of emergency department services usage by foreign workers in Singapore.
- Authors: Chen K, Tham KY, Seow E, Wong HP
- Issue date: 1999 Mar
- Oral healthcare systems in the extended European union.
- Authors: Widström E, Eaton KA
- Issue date: 2004