First identification of class A carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in the Republic of Ireland.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Microbiology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Drug Resistance, Multiple, Bacterial
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFirst identification of class A carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in the Republic of Ireland. 2009, 14 (13): Euro Surveill.
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
AbstractThe Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC) was detected in a carbapenem-resistant respiratory isolate of Klebsiella pneumoniae in an Irish hospital. This is the first report of a KPC-producing isolate in the Republic of Ireland. The isolate was resistant to all beta-lactams. Furthermore, it had reduced susceptibility to three other classes of non-beta-lactam antibiotics. The isolate was not associated with travel abroad. Detection of KPC-producing bacteria has important infection control and public health implications.
- Microbiological and molecular characteristics of carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae endemic in a tertiary Greek hospital during 2004-2010.
- Authors: Zagorianou A, Sianou E, Iosifidis E, Dimou V, Protonotariou E, Miyakis S, Roilides E, Sofianou D
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 16
- Emergence and rapid regional spread of Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae.
- Authors: Won SY, Munoz-Price LS, Lolans K, Hota B, Weinstein RA, Hayden MK, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epicenter Program.
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- [Dissemination of the KPC carbapenemase producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a hospital in Warsaw, Poland].
- Authors: Piekarska K, Zacharczuk K, Szych J, Zawidzka E, Wilk E, Wardak S, Jagielski M, Gierczyński R
- Issue date: 2010
- Clonal spread of KPC-2 carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae strains in Greece.
- Authors: Pournaras S, Protonotariou E, Voulgari E, Kristo I, Dimitroulia E, Vitti D, Tsalidou M, Maniatis AN, Tsakris A, Sofianou D
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- [Phenotypic detection of carbapenemase associated with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase in Klebsiella pneumoniae].
- Authors: Chevet K, Guyot K, Mellon G, Vidal B, Couzigou C, Misset B, Janot K, Lambert T, Nguyen Van JC
- Issue date: 2012 Jan