Review of methods used in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the maxillofacial region.
AffiliationDepartment of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Derry. firstname.lastname@example.org
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Jaw Fixation Techniques
Oral Surgical Procedures
Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationReview of methods used in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the maxillofacial region., 56 (1):32-7 J Ir Dent Assoc
JournalJournal of the Irish Dental Association
AbstractMaxillofacial and dental defects often have detrimental effects on patient health and appearance. A holistic approach of restoring lost dentition along with bone and soft tissue is now the standard treatment of these defects. Recent improvements in reconstructive techniques, especially osseointegration, microvascular free tissue transfer, and improvements in bone engineering, have yielded excellent functional and aesthetic outcomes. This article reviews the literature on these modern reconstructive and rehabilitation techniques.
- Maxillofacial restoration after head and neck tumor therapy.
- Authors: Oh WS, Roumanas E, Beumer J 3rd
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Microvascular reconstruction of extended total lip defects.
- Authors: Lee J, Fernandes R
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Mandibular reconstruction with vascularized fibula flap and osseointegrated implants: a clinical report.
- Authors: Khatami AH, Toljanic JA, Kleinman A
- Issue date: 2010
- The use of free tissue transfer in advanced osteoradionecrosis of the mandible.
- Authors: Buchbinder D, St Hilaire H
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Oral rehabilitation with osseointegrated implants in oncologic patients.
- Authors: Cuesta-Gil M, Ochandiano Caicoya S, Riba-García F, Duarte Ruiz B, Navarro Cuéllar C, Navarro Vila C
- Issue date: 2009 Nov